Panelists discuss this topic from perspectives of social, economic, technology and communications, sustainability and social innovation: What makes cities smart? Are smart cities better places to live and are they more inclusive? How do new technology and the power of networking help eliminate the multiple divides in cities? Are smart cities more sustainable and do they promote preservation? What does it take for Victoria to become a smart leader for Canada and the world?
Presented by: TELUS
- MAYOR LISA HELPS, City of Victoria
- MR. JOHN LONGBOTTOM, Canadian Smarter Cities Strategy Leader at IBM Canada Ltd.
- Mr. DAN PONTEFRACT, TELUS, Speaker, Thinker and Chief Envisioner, TELUS
- Mr. ERIC SWANSON, Executive Director, Generation Squeeze
- Ms. EMILIE DE ROSENROLL, Chief Executive Officer, South Island Prosperity Project
- Mr. DAN RUSCHEINSKI, Director, ESRI Canada
Moderator: DR. DANIEL MUZYKA, President and CEO of The Conference Board of Canada, and Professor of Management at the University of British Columbia’s Sauder School of Business
For more details, please CLICK HERE.